Monday, March 22, 2010

Mile Seven & Dim Sum


(Last 3 photos taken by Tim Cho)

This past Saturday, Tim and I ran 7 miles! Again, another first for me. We ran from our apartment in miracle mile all the way to Santa Monica Blvd, then back home. Running to the 3.5 mile mark was fine, but it's the turning around to go back home that made me angry. I get angry when I run longer than 40 minutes and yesterday was no exception. I think it's the realization of how far away I am from home because by car it would have taken me 30 minutes to get to where I was, but to then have to turn around and go back home...ugh, not a happy camper at that point. My grumpiness eventually subsided and I became ecstatic when I went to CBS Seafood in Chinatown for dim sum. My hunger and patience were being tested big time when we had to wait for other people to show up before we could eat, but the great thing about dim sum is that everything is already made. When you're ready to eat, just point your finger to what you want, nod your head yes to reconfirm that you want it and EAT IT. 

No comments: