Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Friday, March 19th

I made nangmyun (arrowroot noodles in cold broth) for lunch. I enjoy eating this dish when it's hot because the cold broth is refreshing. I realize this can be a weird concept, noodles in ice cold broth, but it's damn good. Don't knock it till you try it. 


I've been working hard all morning on a lot of school stuff, so this afternoon I decided to treat myself by venturing out of the house to Silverlake/Echo Park area. There's some cool art work scattered throughout the walls of LA. The mural in the second picture happens to be near Echo Park. 


For dinner Tim and I went to the Grove and decided to eat at Ulysses (Mediterranean food). We walked around and I tried on some Lippmann nail polish at Nordstroms. Now that I look at the picture, I notice that I've got some dry cuticles to take care of, yikes. Moving on... I like the silver polish called Marquee Moon because when you paint it on, flecks of glitter remain on the nail. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's pretty in person (tip: in order to have the glitter remain on the nail, slowly apply the polish- slower than usual). The third nail polish color is called Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I like this one too because it's not true black, rather it's described as gunmetal shimmer.
 

No comments: