Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cheers!

Cheers with hot chocolate at Square One (Hollywood)
 

Emma and I shared a brioche french toast, bacon and salmon benedict.
   
Thanks emma for introducing me to Square One!
Friday afternoon Emma and I decided to go to Square One in Hollywood for brunch. Everything was super delicious. They use organic seasonal fruits and vegetables. As recommended by Emma we ordered the brioche french toast and salmon benedict on top of potatoes (more like fried potato latkes) and frisee. The frisee added a nice bitterness against the salty smoked salmon. The crispy potato added a nice texture contrast to the salmon. When I broke into the perfectly poached eggs. it oozed of yellow yolky goodness. As far as the brioche goes, you don't need the extra syrup, it'll probably make it too sweet. Hot chocolate was pretty good too. Not too sweet, just the way I like it.

No comments: