Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Supper at Lucques

Suzanne Goin rocks! She's successful, respected, talented, humble and so so nice. I love that she still works in the kitchen. You can see her (next to my large head) talking to some people at the table next to us as I'm building some courage to ask her for a picture.
I have admired her for some time now and it was a real treat to have met her in person- total surprise, did not expect her to be there. She is everything I hoped and thought she'd be. My culinary goal is to make something out of her cookbook...her recipes require a little more than just following directions. It calls for some knowledge about ingredients, access to ingredients required, time and culinary skills that's more than mediocre. I'm just not sure that I'm ready to take a stab at it. In the meantime there's always Lucques, The Tavern, The Hungry Cat and AOC.

1 comment:

achtungchristy said...

i'm gonna have to try one of these restaurants next time i'm in l.a....