Wednesday, July 21, 2010

basil

About a month ago I got a basil plant from Trader Joes. I bought it because I thought it was better to have a plant around than to buy basil each time a recipe required it. It adds a nice aroma to our small apt which can sometimes have a foul funk due to our trash can and the old nature of the complex. So far, we used basil from our plant 4 times. 
 1. basil plant, 2. Caprese salad, 3. oven fried chicken (i used cornflakes)
 I've been feeling a little down lately...sometimes I doubt myself and wonder if I made the right decision about things, I know I'm being vague right now, but I'm not ready to share more at the moment.
 

1 comment:

achtungchristy said...

i love basil! i thought about buying a basil plant too, because every time i buy basil i end up wasting it (they sell so much of it, it's hard to use it all). how funny, the other day i made myself a caprese salad too!