Saturday, July 24, 2010

nothing in particular

Don't be alarmed, I'm trying to show you the new eyeliner I got. =)
1. New eyeliner from Chanel, Cassis, 2. Chanel Particuliere nail polish mixed with Chinchilly from Essie, 3. buffalo chicken salad, 4. Image from The Sartorialist
I've been looking for Particuliere from Chanel for a long time and finally Nordstroms got 6 of them a few days ago. I actually purchased one about a month ago, but I bought it for someone else. Anyway, it's an earthy mushroom color, slight grey, slight beige/brown. I also got a deep plum colored eyeliner, an alternative to black eyeliner. Well, what happened was I was feeling pretty down couple of days ago and decided that I needed to go to Zara to find the blush pink blouse from the 4th picture above. I knew it would be sold out, but I just had to go and check. Of course it was sold out and although I knew I wouldn't find it, it still bummed me out. So, it just added on to the funk I was already in and I needed to remedy that by buying the nail polish and the eyeliner. Does that make sense? Haha, I know I shouldn't be making myself feel better by retail therapy, but sometimes it does the trick.

About the eyeliner...I got it because it was part of retail therapy and the saleslady said it would make the brown in my iris standout. I don't know if it really does that because the plum shade of the eyeliner is pretty dark, very close to black. The thing I do like about it though is that it doesn't smear and that's a good thing in humid hot weather.

No comments: