Monday, April 12, 2010

Time Flies By When You're Having Fun

 1. French toast made by Tim, 2. The surprise photo album Tim made for me <3 3. Cupcakes from Frosted Cupcakery, 4. Closeup of the Caramel Toffee Chocolate cupcake

I can't believe it's already a year since Tim and I got married. It feels like we got married just a couple months ago. Looking back on our first year together as a married couple, Tim and I just laughed our way through the first year. He manages to make me laugh every single day and I thank him for that, because we all need a little bit of laughter in our lives. Today when we told some people that we met for the first time that it was our 1 year wedding anniversary, they all said the exact same things. First thing they said was, "congratulations, you made it through your first year". The second thing they said was, "yeah we could tell you're newlyweds because you're still smiling, wait till you have kids...". I know they were partially joking, but I hope that Tim and I are still smiling after 10, 30, 40 years of marriage and although I may sound like an optimist when I say this, but I really believe that we'll still be smiling and happy that God brought us together.

I have come to realize that we aren't the "fun" couple, meaning we don't go out to clubs or go drinking with our friends every weekend. We're not the life of the party or pump loud music throughout our apartment. We have fun by running together, going grocery shopping, cooking, running errands, going to the nursery and looking at the different succulents (ok, maybe this is just my interest), anyway...our "fun" I guess is the kind of fun you would expect an older couple would be doing, people that have been married for awhile. I think a lot of it has to do with personality, because I am an introvert and I tend to find comfort in smaller group settings rather than large groups. I also like peace and quiet whereas my neighbor upstairs is always blasting music whenever she's home (btw, she has pretty good taste in music). Well, I suppose I'll end this post here...I don't have anything more to say. =)

No comments: