Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2001

It was going to be my first day of class at Art Center College of Design. As I am walking downstairs to head out the door I hear my mom say, "oh my god, oh my god". I go back up to see if she's okay. I see my parents glued to the T.V. and I ask them what's going on. I then  see the footage and for a second think that my parents are watching a movie only to realize it wasn't. As each second goes by I am becoming more shocked, sad and scared, especially when I see footage of  people jumping out of World Trade Center. When I went to school there were school personnel motioning us to turn around to go home. I don't think anyone would have been able to concentrate that day. The world was in a state of shock. In the following days after 9.11, I remember watching the news whenever I could to see if the firefighters were able to rescue people from the rubble.

I think a lot of people remember what they were doing moments leading up to finding out. It's been 10 years since 9.11. It's amazing how resilient humans are and how brave we can be in the face of such tragedy. My prayer goes out to friends and families lost.

No comments: