Monday, May 3, 2010

Izakaya Sakura, San Diego

 
1. Fried tofu, 2. Miso-baked cod fish, 3. Chicken Karage, 4. Chirashi sushi bowl
 
Last weekend we went down to San Diego for the La Jolla half marathon and to make most of the trip we decided to head down early Saturday morning. I've been reading about a particular Japanese tapas style restaurant called Izakaya Sakura and was eager to try it out. We started out with a few small dishes and ended the meal with chirashi sushi. This is the first time I tried a 22 dollar chirashi sushi bowl, wth! Maybe it was $22 because of the oyster and uni...I don't know because in retrospect it definitely wasn't worth it. I've had better in LA that cost $14, even less. The albacore tuna salad was really good, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I made reservations because it was recommended to do so on yelp, but honestly it wasn't that packed and the decor/interior is kind of ghetto- they don't even have a sign in front of the place and no, it's not like those fancy schmancy places that do this on purpose.

No comments: