Saturday, May 8, 2010

Brunch at Tavern, Brentwood CA

Tavern was delicious! Suzanne Goin just gets it. From the decor, lighting, ambiance and of course the food- it all comes together perfectly. I love how the place fills with natural light coming through the glass ceiling. I like the comfy chairs and the trees strategically placed throughout the dining room. I like how they have a separate area for takeout or a quick bite to eat where locals stroll in after their morning run for a croissant or other delicious treats (e.g. chewy chocolate chip cookie). There's also a dark lounge area where you could order a drink at the bar and sit in ginormous chairs....it's pretty dark, you could almost fool yourself into thinking it was night out if it wasn't for the sunlight beaming into the dining room. I couldn't leave the place without getting myself a chocolate chip cookie to go. I ate half of it once I got home and I'm saving the other half for later when I take a break from studying. Oh, and the best part of the meal was that my brother paid for it, haha, thanks Danny!

 

No comments: