Friday, March 15, 2013

Mommy Meetups

As much as I love hanging out with Eme all day long, it can be tiring and at times isolating. Your time is dictated by their feeding and nap/sleep schedules. In the beginning they are feeding every 2 hours and it's impossible to get out of the house. I've been cooped up inside the house for 2.5 months. Toward the end of the 2nd month I started to venture out a little going on walks here and there. I even took her to the market via baby carrier. Month 3 is looking much better. I joined a few local mommy meetup groups and attended 2 events so far. One is a group that strolls around LACMA every Friday and the other meets up at local parks or other baby/kid-friendly places such as The Grove or someone's house. These meetups are great because it gets you out of the house and you get to meet other local women in the same life stage as you! 

I don't drive with Eme past a 2 mile radius unless Tim is with me, but I think I'm ready to trek further than that (without Tim). We'll see, hopefully by the end of this month I could take Eme with me to meet up with friends in the Valley, OC and LB. 
taken at 2 months

No comments: